This modern innovating complex will be sure to delight anyone looking for a quality place to call home, located in the heart of the Gungahlin precinct with walking distance to shopping, cafes, bars, schools and more
The open plan living with full length windows and balcony access, offers a great indoor and outdoor living alternative. Generous bedrooms with built in robes and quality floor coverings. Stylish bathrooms and full size kitchens for all the cooking enthusiasts.
The future light rail linking Gungahlin to the City will have its Gungahlin terminal only 150m away at Gungahlin Place meaning this location will be sought after for years to come.
Other features include;
- Located in the Town Centre - across the road from Aldi
- Tiled balconies
- Lift access
- Basement parking & storage enclosure
- Intercom security system
- LED lighting
- Stone benchtop
- R/C air conditioning
- Full height tiling to bathroom
- No EER
The District of Gungahlin is one of the original eighteen districts of the Australian Capital Territory used in land administration. The district is subdivided into divisions (suburbs), sections and blocks. Gungahlin is an Aboriginal word meaning either "white man's house" or "little rocky hill".
As of 2013 Gungahlin comprised eleven suburbs, including three currently under construction and a further seven suburbs planned. The town of Gungahlin was part of the original 1957 plan for future development in the ACT and in 1991 was officially launched as Canberra's fourth 'town' by the ACT Chief Minister. At the time, the population of Gungahlin was just 389 residents.
Within the district is Canberra's northernmost town centre that is situated 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of Canberra city centre. The town centre is one of five satellites of Canberra, seated in Woden, Tuggeranong, Weston Creek and Belconnen.
The traditional custodians of the district are the indigenous people of the Ngunnawal tribe.
Following the transfer of land from the Government of New South Wales to the Commonwealth Government in 1911, the district was established in 1966 by the Commonwealth via the gazettal of the Districts Ordinance 1966 (Cth) which, after the enactment of the Australian Capital Territory (Self-Government) Act 1988, became the Districts Act 1966. This Act was subsequently repealed by the ACT Government and the district is now administered subject to the Districts Act 2002.
During colonial times and up until the late 1960s, present-day Gungahlin was part of the former farmlands of Ginninderra. Ginninderra Village and later still the village of Hall serviced the needs of the local farming community. Free settlers included farming families such as the Rolfe, Shumack, Gillespie and Gribble families. These settlers established wheat and sheep properties such as 'Weetangara', 'Gold Creek', 'The Valley', 'Horse Park' and 'Tea Gardens'. Much of the local produce supplied the large workforce at goldfields located at Braidwood and Major's Creek in New South Wales.
Please note that while all care has been taken regarding general information and marketing information compiled for this rental advertisement, LJ HOOKER CANBERRA CITY does not accept responsibility and disclaim all liabilities in regard to any errors or inaccuracies contained herein. We encourage prospective tenants to rely on their own investigation and in-person inspections to ensure this property meets their individual needs and circumstances.
Please be aware that at all stages of tenancy this property requires consent to be sought from the lessor for the keeping of any pets at the premises. Consent must be provided before any pets are at the premises.